Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chapter 2: Discussion questions


1)      Suppose you are a manager being asked to develop e-business and e-commerce applications to gain a competitive advantage in an important market for your company. What reservations might you have about doing so? Why?

Using e-business and e-commerce applications to gain a competitive advantage is a very good idea. Doing this I can help my organization grow globally as well as increase the market of our products and services. But if it’s the first time I am using it in the business then I need to be alert and should undergo proper feasibility study of the marketplace because it may backfire. Big markets are not good to experiment at. It takes a huge risk to do so. And also e-commerce and e-business policy may be effective but it might not be the best option for the business I am into. Use of this information technology is profitable for the promotion of those products whose focused customers and users are within the reach of internet and computing facilities. Place and nature of product is very important to consider in order implementing best information technology to implement in order to get the competitive advantage.

As a manager I would have certain reservations about my product’s nature, my customer’s habit and size as well as nature of the market where I am using e-commerce and e-business as a tool for competitive advantage. Because without considering these things, I would not be able to benefit my organization and increase its competitive strength by the use of this sort of information technology. Analyzing all the sources and implementing the best source to gain competitive advantage would be my main concern.


2)      How could a business use information technology to increase switching costs and lock in its customers and suppliers? Use business example to support your answers.

Investment in information technology allows a business to lock its customers and suppliers as well as other competitors by building valuable and convenient new business relationship with them. Such relationship deters the parties from abandoning a company for its ........ Click below to read all.
Advertisement

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this information!
    This will help me in my assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your this post while searching for information about blog-related research ... It's a good post .. keep posting and updating information.
    Ghana passport online

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for useful information ,you make my day and keep on updating this relevant information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much, this has been very helpful.

    ReplyDelete